Friday, August 17, 2018

                                    Stop Running!


When you're running you find yourself having to constantly run further, harder, faster, to avoid what you are carrying within yourself. The further you run from your problems, the further you run from yourself. The harder it becomes to eventually find your way back home. it didn't matter to me if it was an unhealthy romantic relationship, my career, my children, a bill collector's phone calls, my past, when both of my grandmothers pasted or a persistent sadness that I couldn't seem to shake off, my solution was to avoid feeling it. That's because I believe that If I avoided my pain or worse. It would go away. If I ran in the opposite direction of my pain it would eventually go away. It didn't go away! No matter how hard  I ran. It was still there. Trust me! Yours won't either. If you're running away from your demons right now, I can promise you that they will be waiting for you when you finally decide to stop running. Even worse, at that point you'll probably be too exhausted and too burned out to deal with those demons. It's at that moment when they'll win. There's a much better way. It's going to require God and some courage in order to make it happen. If you've made sincere attempts to deal with the issue and nothing has worked, you're not running away from your problems if you choose to leave. you're making a conscious decision to positively reclaim your life. By running away it's numbing us to the pain by drowning ourselves in alcohol, drugs, overeating, reckless, gambling, sleeping around, excessive shopping, watching hours of television nonstop, sex or feel free to insert any other unhealthy habit here. But here's the painful reality that I wish I knew years ago. Our problems will continue to follow us and get bigger and stronger until we face them. The only way out of a problem is to pray and go through it. God bless!



Melissa L. Bryant



No comments:

Post a Comment